Our skin is the protector of the upper layer of our body. If any internal organ is not functioning properly, we need to take care of it. In the same way, our skin is also an important part, any cut, rashes, or dryness is very disturbing. And sometimes the dryness of the skin is very irritating, since, it causes itchiness, redness, roughness, etc. dry skin is caused mainly in winter and dry seasons. But sometimes it is permanent problem for some people. Are you also facing difficulties with dry skin? then we can help you with some information about it in more detail. So that you can take action to prevent this.
SYMPTOMS OF DRY SKIN:
How can you understand if you are also having dry skin or not? There are several symptoms.
- There will be cracks on your skin.
- It will feel rough on the upper layer of the skin.
- You will suffer from itchiness over your whole body.
- Your skin will feel tight.
- There will be redness on the skin.
- You can see fine lines on the skin as well.
Reasons behind dry skin:
- Low humidity causes dry skin. Staying near fireplaces or room heaters means the place is in low humidity.
- If you are living in an area where the winter is dry, then you will have dry skin problems.
- If you are taking hot showers for a long time it may feel nice, but it will lead to dry skin issues.
- Using harsh soap, shampoos or detergent will make the skin dry. And scrubbing your skin for a long time also causes dryness.
- Sometimes exposure to the sun for a long time can cause dry skin.
- Aging can make the skin dry naturally.
- Dryness may occur at the time of pregnancy as well. then you need to follow pregnancy safe skin care to prevent this.
TYPES OF DRY SKIN:
- Contact dermatitis happens when your skin has contact with some substance and it causes inflammation. If you are allergic to some substances like jewellery metals, cosmetics, or fibres then you may get skin dryness.
- If your skin produces too much oil, then it can cause seborrheic dermatitis. Then you can suffer from rashes or redness on your skin and your scalp will get dry as well.
- Atopic dermatitis or eczema is an issue that leads to dryness and patches on the skin.
- Using moisturizer is a fast and easy step to get rid of dry skin.
- Don’t take a hot shower for more than 10 minutes if you are having dry skin.
- Use moisturizing sunscreen before going out.
- Drink sufficient water.
- Try to cover your body nicely in cold and dry weather.
- Use moisturizing soap and apply conditioner on the hair to get smooth skin and a dandruff-free scalp. You can also use specialized moisturizing face wash for dry skin.
- In case of pregnancy-related dryness of the skin you can choose pregnancy safe skincare.
RISKS RELATED TO SKIN DRYNESS:
Sometimes diabetes, thyroid, or kidney-related disease can also cause skin dryness. These are some serious health-related issues. And in those cases you will face skin dryness problems for a long time, then you should visit a doctor to take better care of your health.
Using cream or ointment is a recommended treatment. You can message coconut oil or petroleum jelly to lock the natural moisture of the skin. And in cosmetics products, you should check if they contain ingredients like jojoba oil, hyaluronic acid, glycerine, shea butter, etc. using those products will help to avoid dryness of skin and you should use moisturizing face wash for dry skin.
SHOULD YOU VISIT A DOCTOR OR NOT?
Normal skin dryness can be cured by following some home remedies. But, if you are having redness, rashes, cracks, or scaling, then you should must visit a doctor. Home remedies or using normal moisturizers may not be effective in those cases.
Our skin is an important part that is covering the internal organs and it is visible as well. and our beauty also depends on the skin and its texture. We always want to have smooth and glowing skin. And any kind of dryness or, itchiness is very irritating. So we hope that your problems with dry skin will be resolved very soon. And you will be able to lead a smoother life